Pump Performance Testing Facility
PUMP TESTING SERVICE
Advance Automation Sdn Bhd’ state-of-the-art Pump Test Facility is designed to provide performance and NPSHR tests in accordance with latest edition of API 610.
Advance Automation Sdn Bhd performs performance tests of our product across the pump’s operating region to ensure that it meets customer design specifications.
Our pump testing service is also available for customers who already own a pump and want it tested for performance.
HAVE YOUR PUMP TESTED
COMPREHENSIVE PERFORMANCE TEST
A critical function of any pump manufacturer is the performance testing of their product across the pump’s operating region to ensure that it meets design specifications. Advance Automation Sdn Bhd’s Pump Test Facility is designed to provide performance and NPSHR tests in accordance with latest edition of API 610.
The heart of the Advance Automation Sdn Bhd Test Facility is its custom designed PLC based automated pump test software (APTS) that allows all system parameters to be monitored and controlled from a central control station. APTS provides precise system control to achieve and maintain specific operating conditions so that data from calibrated precision electronic sensors can be collected and recorded for use in determining pump performance.
This state-of-the-art facility utilizes Variable Frequency Drive technology to maintain precise speed control on units through 600 HP @ 460 volt, and a 4160 volt solid state “soft start” to achieve a controlled acceleration up to synchronous operating speed on units through 2000 HP.
While many pump test facilities still use calibrated motors and kilowatt meters to calculate power, the torque coupling used by Advance Automation Sdn Bhd measures torque and speed at the input shaft of the pump. This data is then used to determine horsepower and efficiency.
Flow is measured by one of three calibrated magnetic flow meters installed in dedicated metering runs, while calibrated electronic sensors measure pressure at API compliant metering spools connected to the suction and discharge nozzles of the pump.
A vacuum pump is employed to reduce pressure on our 16,000 gallon tank when low NPSHR values are required. Conversely, up to 100 psi of blanket air pressure can be applied to the tank for those pumps requiring more NPSHA at their rated conditions.
A performance test is carried out on every unit that is repaired before it is dispatched.
In carrying out a performance test we are able to compare the result of the repaired unit versus the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) results. We aim to exceed 80% of OEM unit results. We also record a complete set of condition monitoring results to establish a ‘carpet’ reading which can be compared to site results once installed. This gives our clients the piece of mind that when the unit is installed, it will perform correctly first time.
We also provide a Performance Test Facility to many OEMs and pump repair companies who do not have their own facility or it is not large enough for particular jobs.
WHY PERFORMANCE TEST?
- Proven Performance & Quality - Clients want to run the equipment at its’ optimum efficiency. Running Pumps which are worn & inefficient is time consuming and costly with respect to electrical consumption.
- Test Certificate Issued & Performance Curve - Test and OEM Curve Compared
- Condition Monitoring Readings - Proven bearing conditions
TEST FACILITY CAPABILITIES
- Maximum test flow: 7500 GPM
- Maximum discharge test pressure: 2000 psi
- 16,000 gallon supply tank rated from full vacuum to 100 psi
- 460 volt through 600 HP
- 4160 volt over 600 HP through 2000 HP
- Calibrated flow, pressure, vibration, torque, temperature and speed measuring equipment
- Variable Frequency Drive for precise speed control through 600 HP @ 460 volt
- Solid State soft start for low impact motor starting over 600 HP through 2000 HP @ 4160 volt
- Test motors through 2000 HP
- Calibrated magnetic flow meters 2", 6", & 10" monitor flow through 7500 GPM
- 3 ranges of calibrated torque couplings provide data to calculate brake horsepower and efficiency. Precision speed measurement (RPM) collected with an advanced laser speed ring assembly
- NPSHR test accomplished through the use of a vacuum pump
- On-site electronic meteorological grade barometer provides data to accurately calculate NPSHR
- Baseplate mounted units can be tested using job motor if horsepower rating is sufficient for testing with water
- Advance Automation Sdn Bhd test procedure based on API 610 criteria. Standards can be modified to meet specific customer requirements.
These features combined produce the most accurate test possible, the results of which are then compiled into a certified comprehensive report.
PUMP GROUP TEST FACILITIES
- Suction Diameters from 1” – 12”
- Discharge Diameters – Up to 20”
- Flow Rates from 0.01 m3/Hr to 900m3/Hr
- Power – 315kVa Supply to Inverters
- Range of 6 Inverters from 1kW to 250Kw
- Slave Motors up to 250kW
- Water Supply – 30m3 Above Ground Tank, 45m3 Below Ground Tank
- 30 Tonne Overhead Gantry Craneage
- Up to 10 Metre Length Submersible / Borehole Tested
- Vacuum Pump Testing using Orifice Plate Method
- Conventional & Thermodynamic Testing Employed
- Customer Witness Testing Welcomed
Below is a list of readings recorded through an automated and proven software system and calculated throughout every performance test:
- Electrical Power (kW)
- Flow Rate (m3/Hr)
- Suction Head (mH2O)
- Discharge Head (mH2O)
- Suction Temperature measured to 1/1000 Degree (⁰C)
- Discharge Pressure measured to 1/1000 Degree (⁰C)
- Vibration Analysis at 8 locations (mm/s & ⁰C)
- Shaft Speed (RPM)
- Ambient Pressure & Relative Humidity (mbar & %H2O)
Advance Automation Sdn Bhd facility is capable of servicing and repairing all varieties of vertical and horizontal single and multistage pumps along with satellite pump and mechanical seal repair shops. Remanufactured API end-suction pumps in 6-8 weeks, Remanufactured multistage pumps in 10-12 weeks, and As-Is for immediate shipment.